Yes, you read it right. Google is rolling out its latest update Panda 4.0 on 21st May, 2014.
Matt Cutts Says- Google Panda 4.0 Update
It is an official announcement from Matt Cutts, A head of the webspam team at Google. Matt Cutts tweeted today about Google’s latest update on Twitter. He has confirmed that Google is rolling out their Panda 4.0 update and it has been started updating from today i.e. 21 of May, 2014.
Read what Matt says about Google Panda 4.0 update. Below is official Tweet from Matt Cutts from Twitter:
Google is rolling out our Panda 4.0 update starting today.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) May 20, 2014
I am sure that you’re already aware about Google’s Panda update algorithm. If you are not aware of it, here are quick details about Google panda update.
What is Google Panda update?
Google has changed its search algorithm in February 2011 and named it as Google Panda algorithm. This update is claiming to rank high top quality content and to remove or lower ranking of low quality sites or thin content.
This panda updates prevents ranking of lower quality websites / blogs in search engine and supports high quality websites and blogs content.
Panda update also states that it counts everything from slow page loading to ads : content ratio in rankings. But I think it is giving more importance to top – high quality content.
This all is about Google panda. There is no official news from Matt Cutts or Google whether Panda 4.0 update has anything different from previous.
Google is also working at their best for some keywords for worst spam. They are working on very spammy queries. PayDay Loan is one of them. Google has also confirmed their update release for payday load algorithm.
How to Recover From Google Panda Penalty?
Are you hit by panda update? Your ranking dropped after panda 4.0 update? What you should do now?
Quick tips to recover from Google Panda penalty:
- Find out low quality content on your website. Remove them or de-index them or you can stop Google to crawl that low quality pages.
- Always concentrate on quality articles. Don’t write another duplicate post. Write unique content on your website.
- Write pillar articles and infographics to attract natural links from authority sites. This will build strong image of your website in Google’s eye.
- Google Panda update includes page loading speed factor. So always keep your blog light and load faster. If you’re on wordpress, use fast loading wordpress themes and decrease the number of plugins you use.
- Another important factor is ad : content ratio. There is nothing bad in monetizing your blog. But don’t overdo it. Keep acceptable ratio of ad and content. That will be little beneficial to your website.
That’s it about Google penguin 4.0 update. If you’re a blogger or seo expert, We would like to hear from you. What’s the affect of this update on your blog? You can share your views and opinions in comments below.
Image Credit: Flickr