Top 10 Tips for Blogging Success
Want to start a blog? Already have one and need to up your game? Great! I am here to help. Blogging, much like pimping, ain’t easy. There are dos and don’ts. There is a right way to actually connect with your audience and there are many ways to run an audience off…or worse, never gain one.
I don’t claim I can make you the top blogger in the world. That will take time. What I can do is set you on the right path to blogging success with ten tips to level up in the world of blogging. Check them out and let me know once you implement them and the results thereafter.
10. Blogging isn’t the only media form that can grab your audience. Even if you don’t want to do videos or podcasts, you can turn your blog posts into audio or video content with the help of certain apps or even hire voice over talent on freelancer sites on the cheap.
9. Blogging is not something most folks can make a living off of immediately. How will you earn money while you build your blogging business if your goal is a full time income from this long term project?
8. Great titles are a big key to blogging success. There are many websites and books about super headlines. Research this subject and also check out major magazine covers. They know how to hook readers….”Kardashians Fight it out at Piggly Wiggly!”….see how they do it!
7. Mix knowledge with passion. Just because you love gardening, you won’t benefit many readers if you don’t know how to keep a rose bush alive more than a week!
6. You must connect with other bloggers and online personalities. You can’t be successful in any venture all by yourself. Connect with others to build energy toward a successful blog. The more you put yourself out there the more people will know about you. Do interviews, guest posts, and comment on other blogs that you care about. Open yourself to the world!
5. You need a content calender of topics. Read that sentence again. Without a calendar you will be scrambling for material always. An organized view of upcoming blog posts will set the stage for great articles.
4. Set giant freaking goals! Then set smaller ones along the way. This will keep you motivated to keep going. One giant goal may get you frustrated after a few weeks of grinding. Smaller ones will be points of success along the path to the loftier goals.
3. You will not be an overnight success. Sure there are outliers in the online world that appear to have hit it big really fast. For every one of the “overnight successes” there are thousands more who didn’t make it that fast or at all.
2. Define what success means to you. Is it gaining 100,000 subscribers to your blog or making part time income off it? How will you know you’re successful if you don’t know what that means specific to your blog?
1. Only blog about something that you are passionate about. Why would you want to write daily about a topic that doesn’t get you fired up? Doing that is the same as working a 9-5 job you hate. Pick your passion and write your heart out 365 days a year. Your readers will feel your love for the material that you’re producing and they will stick with you!
I’m looking forward to some engaging comments below, don’t be shy share what is working for you.