Confused Where To Host Your Blog? 5 Tips On How To Choose Web Hosting is a part of how to start blogging series. Read how to start blogging series or read previous step: Register domain name or next step: Point a domain name to your web host.
I guess you have registered a domain name, now it’s time to buy web hosting for your domain name (wordpress blog) to start blogging. Web hosting account is the space on the web where all your blog data like blog software, images, content and other data will be stored.
After registering a domain name, where to host your blog is next most confusing part before starting a blog. Because there are number of hosting providers available in the market. Some of them are cheap and some are costly. But my advice is never choose a web host which is cheap. Buy hosting after taking reviews of their services from real people.
You must know how to choose a good web hosting As your domain name deserves a good home.
There are lots of hosting providers in the market. I run many blogs and I have used
3-4 many different hosting providers. The best wordpress web hosting companies are,
- InMotion Hosting (Best Hosting And Support) [Click here for 50% off inmotion hosting coupon]
To know more about these wordpress web hosting companies, I recommend you to read this post in which I have compared these best wordpress blog hosting companies:
But I personally like and preferred InMotion Hosting only. Click here to visit the InMotion Hosting.
For beginners, I strongly recommend Hostgator (as you can pay monthly for hosting there). You can use and try hostgator for just $0.01 (1 penny!) for the first month. For that only thing you have to do is when you sign up for their any hosting plan, make sure to enter the coupon code “startbloggingfree” in the coupon code field.
From the beginning where to host your blog is very important aspect for the success of your blog. Web hosting plays a major role on whole user experience on your site. Below you will find tips to find where to host your blog.
5 tips on how to choose web hosting company
1. don’t go for cheap hosting: As I have told you before A good domain name deserves a good home, go for the best web hosting provider. I am not asking you to buy dedicated server, go with shared server but with reliable and fast compane like hostgator.
2. The main requisite is transparency: Disk space and band width offered by hosting company are the main factors to be consider while choosing your web host. But in the beginning, you do not need so much disk space and band width, first you check for their servers speed and uptime. Don’t run behind unlimited diskspace and unlimited bandwidth schemes, ask them the actual disk space and bandwidth.
3. Check by online reviews: you should check for online reviews for differwent web host by real people. You can do this by simply making search on search engines for web host review or different hosting forums.
4. Check their support service: Before signing up to any web host, make sure they have reliable customer support service. To check this, send an email about asking for any details to sales support. Check for their rply time and technical knowledge. Don’t go with company that have poor service center.
5. Company must have upgrade option: Finally, before confirming your web hosting company, be sure for available upgrade options. In the beginning, you don’t need much disk space and bandwidth but as your blog grows you need more disk space and band width. So refer their upgrade option thoroughly before signing up with them.
Below is the process to sign up to the HostGator wordpress blog web hosting:
Process for signing up to your web hosting company
Go to hostgator and click on ‘view web hosting plan’.
There are three plan for shared hosting option. One is Hatchling plan, second is Baby plan and third is Business plan. If you are a beginner I recommend you to choose BABY PLAN so that you can host unlimited domain with no extra cost.
As you click on ‘ORDER NOW’, it will open next page, step 1 where you need to enter your domain. If you want to purchase a domain from hostgator, fill in the blank at the left side and if you have already bought a domain name, write it in blank in a box at right side. Now before you move on the next step don’t forget to write your coupon code “startbloggingfree” to get $9.94 off on your first invoice or write coupon code “startblogging25” to get 25% off on your first invoice. See the snapshot below:
After addind one of the coupon code from “startbloggingfree” or ”startblogging25”, click on the ‘Continue to step 2’. And add your details to confirm your web hosting purchase from hostgator. That’s it! you own your web host for your blog.
After purchasing hosting for your blog, you will receive an email with your account information from hostgator.
Remember- This email is very important so save it! In that email you will receive the Name servers for the web host – note down this information because you will need this in future.
Have you found this article helpful? Want to share something or want to ask something? Please comment below or email me. Don’t forget to social bookmarking it, if you like this article.
- How To Point Your Domain Name To Your Web Host
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Buying Web Hosting For Your Blog
- Need Cheapest Web Hosting? Factors You Must Know Before Buying Cheap Web Host
- InMotion Hosting Coupon Code-50% Off Discount-Promo Code
- Registering A Domain Name For Your Blog? Learn Domain Name How To’s