WordPress 3.8 beta is now available and it accumulates several features of plugin projects. It is said that we can expect more out of this version and the things which we can look forward to are –
- Design of the new admin, more precisely the responsive aspect of this 3.8 beta
- Work on different devices and different browsers to watch how it performs
- Widgets like the Press This and color scheme which we were able to change on our profile is said to have trimmed up more so that we can enjoy the experience.
- Another thing which has been refreshed is the dashboard homepage so now you poke and prod it as much you want
- A complete different look has been given to the themes under Appearance so now selection process will be a complete different experience
- Twenty Fourteen has been the new entry to the new default theme’s list
- Experienced already 250 closed issues.
Here are some posts you would like to read:
- Beginners Guide To WordPress Tutorial Step By Step
- How To Create A Blog With WordPress
- 40 Useful Must Have WordPress Plugins For Your WordPress.Org Blog
So with the all the changes that have been brought to place it will be interesting to see how it performs. It also becomes very important to test almost every plugin and theme with the admin pages to see how they are performing against these new things. For the developer it will be a challenge to make the admin interface better fit the MP6 aesthetic.
There are more than 200 issues that have been fixed but as with the internet it always comes up with several others which need attention. So you might give it a thought to search before something broken is being reported. If you want people to know that you have found a bug then there are several ways of doing it. You can raise ticket on WordPress Trac using the Alpha / Beta forum.
This is one of the ways but if you wish to get more information regarding reporting a bug then it is advised that you visit the WordPress codex and there you will find many information about filing a bug report. After going through that information you can select one that will suit your convenience.
If the custom admin page is done in a wrong manner then it can hurt you very badly so now is the time to get everything tested. If you want to make any changes to make your extension sit comfortably in the new admin design then don’t miss the opportunity. Before getting started with new thing if you check whether it is compatible or not then it will be easier for you to fix the things else it will be too late to recover and everything might get messed up.
Here it is encouraged that the users take the path that they have seldom treaded so that new explorations can be made and new things will come forward. So, poking, prodding or breaking things and then snooping around has never been so fun to do. It is only with the WordPress 3.8 that you will get some highly visible features.